Thursday, March 20, 2008

How to say Goodnight

I am sure like everyone else who entertains once and a while you have that all too wonderful guest that just won't get the hint at the end of the night to go HOME. In the old days a broom placed behind the front door was a clue that the party is over. At least I was told that I'm not too sure if that was just a story someone told me or whatever. But I digress. I am not sure if this person is just clueless or just doesn't give a rats rear about others or maybe I'm just such a shiny happy person they just want to linger in the light that is me. LOL. I have tried everything from the subtle hints of the big yawn, looking at the clock and saying "Oh my! its so late and I have to be up extra early tomorrow", to walking with them as we talk towards the front door. At that point they hang on the open door to the outside and talk for another half hour. GRRRRRR! I really try not to be a rude person but OMG please people get the frigging hint!! So, to every person out there who is a guest in someones home. Remember the old saying don't wear out your welcome. If someone is turning the house lights out on you and putting on PJ's, Maybe just Maybe its time for you to go. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here! BTW I do love my friends dearly and I do love to have them around me. Just not at 2 AM on a Sunday night.

3 comments:

The Berserker Librarian said...

I agree with you 100%!! I HATE that. Someone people should get the hint that "I have to go" should translate into "Get the fuck away! Go get your own life, stop stealing mine!!"

Amberthyme said...

Wow. That explains a lot. I'll have to show this to the person in question. I don't think either of you will have this problem again. Thanks for the heads up. : )

Jenny said...

I am not sure how you would show the person in question?!? As far as I know you don't know this person. Or is my brain that off?

BTW Glad you found my game blog =) Now how can I add your link? Librarian has been helping me set stuff up ... And as you can see helps me write some things.. LOL